Assistant Salon Leader
Alline Salon Group (ASG)
The Assistant Salon Leader (ASL) is essential in assisting and leading a great team. The ASL is responsible for partnering with the Salon Leader (SL) including modeling ASG’s core values to be the best while serving our clients in a friendly, and professional way. The ASL is intended to be a developmental position with the goal of advancing into the SL role.
- Assisting with recruitment and retention strategies
to meet salon staffing requirements.
- Continuing to coach the team to ensure they
are supported in meeting their salon and individual goals.
- Modeling quality services by consulting with
clients and applying the appropriate service techniques.
- Recommending and participating in all approved
local marketing initiatives including depth and frequency of coupon campaigns,
seasonal initiatives, and client appreciation events.
- Educating clients and team members about proper
home hair care and recommending services and products to help the client
maintain their hairstyle between salon visits.
- Modeling customer
service best practices by leading and inspiring the team, ensuring each
client’s satisfaction, and building client loyalty.
- Providing customized consultations with each client,
including stating the final price before the service begins.
- Supporting the SL with required salon leadership
administrative tasks (i.e., closing out a ticket on the POS system, timecards, inventory
control, on-boarding new team members, and scheduling appointments) promptly.
- Communicating effectively and positively with all
clients, team members, leadership, and the corporate support team.
- Meeting or exceeding personal/salon productivity
standards set by ASG.
- Protecting the salon’s assets, including emphasizing,
and modeling cash handling procedures.
- Leading, training, and modeling all services
offered at the salon.
- Maintaining flexibility in scheduled shifts to
fit the needs of the business, including potential night and weekend shifts.
- Attending all required technical training
- Joining all virtual and in-person meetings as
directed by leadership.
- Leading the salon when/if the SL is absent.
- Modeling ASG policies as defined in the Handbook
and salon specific operational procedures (including but not limited to bank
deposits/runs, salon cleaning/maintenance, and disinfecting styling implements).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Leading the team in the SL’s absence and working
as a team-player and/or independently.
- Marketing yourself, the salon, and the team in
the community to increase your salon clientele.
- Modeling exceptional communication, organization,
and problem-solving skills.
- Providing consistent and excellent customer service.
- Multi-tasking efficiently to assist with salon duties (including store meetings, scheduling, cash management, and reporting).
- Showing a willingness to learn new techniques and stay current with hair trends.
- Leading and coaching the team through implementing
changes as directed by ASG.
- Traveling to other salon locations as needed (i.e., temporary assignments).
- Maintaining full-time status and meeting the business demands.
The physical requirements of the position may require bending, sitting, twisting, turning, lifting (generally 10-15 pounds),
and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- One (1) year of experience as a Stylist, preferred.
- Must maintain a valid cosmetology or barber’s license.
ASLs are required to complete assigned training as determined by ASG.
(SC) ASLs must have received their Hair Stylist Academy (HSA) completion
The ASL role is based at an ASG (Supercuts, Holiday
Hair, or Cost Cutters) salon location.