Cosmetology Educator & Senior Stylist
The Cosmetology Educator teaches hairstyling, manicuring, skin care to cosmetology apprentices and newer stylists in our organization through hands-on training to ensure long-term success of our hair stylists. This position is also a behind-the-chair position and the ideal candidate must be able to perform all cosmetology skills at an advanced level.
- All duties of a hair stylist including haircutting, styling, chemical services, waxing and able to perform at an advanced level
- Teach all required hair cutting, hair styling, chemical services, manicuring and skin care, as required to complete the course of study, and prepare all apprentice candidates to pass the cosmetology or barbering state board exams
- Provide mentoring or advanced training, as necessary, for new stylists within the organization
- Conducting training and follow-ups with apprentices.
- Be a support system for the apprentices, be available to answer questions and concerns as they arise
- Ensure safe and sanitary practices by both students and instructors when practicing cosmetology and related sciences
- Maintain curriculum for apprentice training. Ensure that the curriculum that is being taught reflects current standards within the industry
- Maintain proper records of each apprentice’s progress throughout the program, as required by the state, for all apprentices
- Stay current with industry standards
- Ensure cost effective management of resources needed by the apprentice program and Training Center.
- Responsible for management of inventory within the Training Center
- Provide regular updates to the District Leader and Franchise Owners on progress of the apprentices
- As a cosmetology educator, travel will be required to any of our Primrose Inc. Cost Cutters salons.
As a Cosmetology Educator, you must:
a) Be a licensed cosmetologist and meet practical experience hours, if any, designated by DSPS.
b) Be a Primrose Management Group Inc. DBA Cost Cutters Design Team member, with all classes and certifications to be completed within 6 months of hire date. You will work as a stylist in one of our salons until all certifications are complete, at which time you can begin work as an Educator.